Wednesday 29 August 2012

Even a Good Cop can have a bad day...

REVIEW AND SCREENING: Good Cop, BBC1


It’s nine o’clock on a Monday morning in June and I’m excitedly making my way across London to a screening of Stephen Butchard’s new BBC1 drama Good Cop starring Warren Brown. It’s absolutely pouring with rain. 

As I make my way into the hotel and begin mingling with a few other equally soggy writers, researchers and hardcore journos, I can’t help thinking I should have come better equipped with a Dictaphone and a knowledge of shorthand. There's a chance though even if I had packed myself sheets of A4 or invested in a Dictaphone that too would fall victim to the rain and I'd be no better off.


I barely have time to ponder this however before we are whisked away into the screening room. As I settle into my chair I’m excited at the prospect of becoming engrossed in a great piece of British drama and the miserable weather soon becomes a soggy memory. Sure enough, ten seconds in I was totally immersed in the action as I watched Warren Brown’s character race through the streets of Liverpool, a determined look on his face. Only one problem. It was pouring with rain. What are the odds?!


See the rest of my review at CustardTV

No comments:

Post a Comment