Friday 28 September 2012

Busy Bee...

I appear to have been ridiculously busy of late. So busy, I also appear to have totally forgotten about the existence of Joe. My poor blog. But Joe (Bloggs) will be happy to learn that I intend to pay him much more attention in the coming months now that i'm getting to grips with my new situation...

...My new 'situation' which involves now being employed FULL TIME at ITV! That's right TV lovers, I've been extremely lucky/fortunate/amazingly good at my job ;) and have been asked to stay on as a full time Media Planner. 

I'd been considering a move to production as my newly extended (for the third time) Media Planning contract came to an end and managed to secure an interview and eventually a job offer as Production Secretary for three months with ITV Studios. However, it appears that if an impending contract deadline isn't enough to coax your boss into thinking you're indispensable, another job offer will. No sooner had i accepted the production job offer, then I was offered a permanent position in my current job. 

I tell you, jobs are like buses! You can wait for an absolute age and .... nothing, then all of a sudden two come along at once (ladies, I've heard men are a bit like this too).



I'd never before really considered a career in Media Planning, but having moved across channels to ITV1 and gained extra training and isight into the process I've now found I am absolutely loving it. 

My job involves creating the continuity strategy for ITV1 (deciding what the voiceovers should say on the idents and/or end credits of our programmes) as well as placing all the programme promos in the schedule. Media Planning is really a form of marketing and it's now officially my job to point people in the right direction of all ITVs brilliant shows. So, effectively I'm trying to persuade everyone to love telly as much as I do! Great, eh?

I'll be updating again shortly, but in the mean time, for those of you still job hunting... chins up! Check out my 25 Ways to bag Yourself a TV Job page and wait in line for your bus(es). Working in TV is worth waiting for!

Over and out, Vicki and Joe (Bloggs) x


No comments:

Post a Comment