Wednesday 30 January 2013

Life gets in the way...



Ever had that feeling you’re supposed to be doing something? You know, the one where you’re sat watching that episode of Midsomer Murders with Orlando Bloom in (yes, it exists) for what seems like the 100th time and you can’t completely relax because you know there’s something else you should be sorting out…


For those of you still at uni, it’ll be that niggling piece of coursework or last (or first) 1000 words of dissertation, for those of you who are over 65 it’ll be that cup of tea you left in the kitchen half an hour ago. And for those of you with children it’ll be checking that the little blighters haven’t spread Nutella all over the walls, rubbed Sudocrem into the carpet or disappeared completely because they’ve been watching too much Dora the Explorer and couldn’t resist the 3-mile trip to Tescos all on their own.

For me the niggling ‘to-do’ has been hanging over me for some months and it comes in the form of my blog.

Poor Joe (Bloggs). I’ve totally neglected the poor sod.

It would appear that life (and sleeping on my hour-long commute to work instead of writing blog posts –I blame that seasonal depression thing) has severely got in the way of my online TV musings.

On a number of occasions over the past few weeks I’ve thought to myself, “Oh Darling! This would make perfectly wonderful blog content!” (the voice in my head is infinitely posher than I am – it actually sounds a lot like Miranda Hart thought it’s rarely as amusing or entertaining). However, on these blog-worthy occasions, rather than write the bloody thing down, I have always somehow managed to find alternative means of amusement/entertainment/ slumber.

But the good news is, as you can see, I’m back! There’s great things happening in the telly world at this time of year, both in terms of programming and job opportunities, so I’ve returned to inform you of all the goings on...

Since we (or I) last spoke, there has been a Christmas, a New Year and a snowboarding holiday (mine), as well as a company-wide ITV rebrand and a cheeky trip to the National Television Awards (also me).

I resolve to natter about all of these things as well as about some of this years killer entry-level TV job opportunities for 2013. So watch this space  - it will be considerably smaller than the last inter-post gap, I promise!

With love from Joe (Bloggs) and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment